Create PPM Roles
Create Roles to use for high-level Resource planning.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
Each Resource is assigned a PPM Role. Some Roles are included in Cherwell PPM. You can modify, delete, or add new Roles as needed.
The following Roles are included:
- Architect - Infrastructure
- Asset Manager
- Business Engagement Manager
- DBA - SQL
- DBA - Unix
- Network Administrator
- Process Engineer
- Project Manager
- Security Analyst
- Sr. Developer
- Technical Writer
- Trainer - Content Developer
- Trainer - Delivery
- UI/UX Designer
- Web Specialist
To create a new Role:
- In the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client, select Tools > Table Management.
- Select Role from the Type drop-down list, then select the New button.
- Provide the Role name and select Area(s) the Role may be associated with.
The PPM functionality for Resource and Role availability and Project Task assignment looks for Resources where the associated Role and the Project Area checked.
If you choose to batch import Resources, Role creation is automatic.