PPM Portfolio Review
Use the Portfolio Review phase to perform analysis of the success of completed Portfolios.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
When a Demand is approved (all Stakeholders approve) it moves to Portfolio Review. When the Demand enters the Portfolio Review phase, a placeholder Project is created and put in the Assessing phase. The information from the Demand is brought into the placeholder Project so Approvers can compare it against projects in progress.
In the Portfolio Review phase, you can use the My Portfolio Dashboard to evaluate current status of your Portfolios.
To view Demands awaiting approval:
- Right-click the Demand in the Demand for Consideration section of the Dashboard.
- Select Actions.
- Select Add to Portfolio. You can now see the updated values for Portfolio budgets and revenue.
In Portfolio Review phase, you can adjust the cost and budget of the Demand to better fit into the available Portfolio figures.
- Right-click the moved Project; under Actions you can select to move it back to the Demands for Consideration section, or select Commit to Portfolio.
- If you chose to commit the Project to the Portfolio, refresh the Dashboard to see updated numbers.
- At this point, a Project Manager can begin work on the Project. The Demand moves to a Closed status and the Project is in New status.
When the Demand is in Closed status, the status change options are: Defer the Demand, Modify the Demand, or Accept the Demand. If the Demand is deferred, the status is set to Deferred. The One-Step™ ActionSet to Portfolio Review will return the status to Portfolio Review. Modifying the Demand returns the Demand to the Evaluation phase.