Projects can be created independent of an associated Demand depending on customer business processes.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
Once a PPM Demand is accepted into a Portfolio, the Project created during the Portfolio Review phase changes status from Assessing to New. The Project Form is used to track status through the lifecycle of the PPM Project. Information from the associated Demand (Planned effort, budget items, resource plan, benefit plan, risks) rolls into the Project.
There are no controls or requirements for moving from phase to phase within a PPM Project; the statuses let you track the Project through its lifecycle. The following are Project statuses:
- Assessing: When the associated Demand is in Portfolio Review, the Project is in the Assessing phase. It allows for side-by-side review with other Projects in the Portfolio.
- New: The Demand has been added to a Portfolio.
- Staffing: Adding individual Resources to the Project.
- Scheduled: Staffed but not yet active.
- Executing: Project is in progress.
- Closed: Project completed.