Review a PPM Demand
Demand Managers can access and review Ideas in the Demand Management Dashboard.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
To review a PPM Demand:
- Open the PPM Demand that is in the Idea status and select the Review Idea link under Actions.
- Enter the Requested Start Date and Requested Completion Date (both are required fields), as well as any missing information in the Proposed Initiative section.
- Enter applicable information in the Assessment section:
- Select a T-shirt Size and Area from the drop-down lists.
- Enter the Estimated Total Cost and Estimated Revenue.
These are very high-level estimates of costs and revenue associated with the Demand.
- (Optional) Choose a Portfolio and Program from the drop-down lists (this may not be required, depending on the Portfolio and Program relationships you have set up).
- Choose a Type from the drop-down list.
If you choose Strategic Objective from the Type drop-down list, you will need to choose the specific Strategic Objective.
- If necessary, select the Need More Information link under Actions to send an email to the requester. This action will revert the Demand back to the Idea phase.
- When the Assessment section is completed, the Accept Idea link under Actions becomes active. Accepting the Idea will move the Demand into the Evaluate phase.
- You may also choose to reject the Idea by selecting the Reject Idea link under Actions.
If you decide a PPM Demand can be addressed as a Service Request, you can select the Convert to Service Request link under Actions. A dialog box asking for confirmation to open a Service Request and close the Demand will appear. The Demand will be closed and you will be taken to the Incident to populate additional fields. This becomes a Service Request based on the category/subcategory selected. The information from the Demand is populated into the newly-created Service Request.