Knowledge Brokers Integration
KnowledgeBrokers licenses an industrial strength Desktop Computer Support Knowledge Base that provides immediate answers to thousands of common questions about Desktop and Internet applications. CSM integrates with KnowledgeBrokers so that KnowledgeBrokers knowledge articles can be imported into and accessed from within CSM. For example, KnowledgeBrokers knowledge articles can be searched directly from business process forms (ex: Incident), the Quick Search Pane, or the Knowledge Pane to quickly resolve issues.
How the Integration Works
The KnowledgeBrokers integration interface is built into CSM, so the integration is simple. The Import Knowledge Wizard in CSM Administrator is used to access KnowledgeBrokers data (.kbi), and then import the data directly into CSM. After KnowledgeBrokers knowledge articles are imported, they are used as searchable knowledge sources in CSM. Users can search for Knowledge Articles via the Quick Search Pane from anywhere in the system, and configure Knowledge Article search functionality in the Knowledge Pane on an individual business processes basis. When a Knowledge Article is used as a solution to issue, it is attached to the record as a reference.
- Make a note of the location of knowledge data files before beginning the import wizard.
Steps to Integrate
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Database category, and then click the Import Knowledge task.
The Import Knowledge Wizard opens.
- Read the Welcome information and click Next.
The Server Location page opens.
- Click the Ellipses button to navigate to the location of the KnowledgeBroker data.
The Browse For Folder window opens.
- Select the folder that contains the knowledge data.
The window closes to return to viewing the Import Knowledge Wizard.
A message window opens indicating that the import is complete.
To View KnowledgeBroker Articles:
- Open the Search Manager
- In the Association drop-down, select Knowledge Article.
- Click Run.
The page loads with the search results. All KnowledgeBroker article titles appear in all caps.
- Click a Knowledge Article to view the record.