Configure Security Roles
Grant permission to the CSM security roles to access the CAM mApp® Solution and its One-Step™ Actions. This enables users to edit the Scheduler or associated CIs, and view the CMDB.
To configure security roles:
- In CSM Administrator, select the Security category.
- Select Edit roles, and then select the IT Service Desk role.
- Select the Role Options menu item, and then select Configure task pane.
- Ensure the Use default task pane setup option is clear.
- Select Add, and then in the Task Pane Section window, select Add.
The Action Manager opens.
- Select the One-Steps category, and then from the Association drop-down list, select Config - Computer.
- From the Global folder, select the License AnalyticsOne-Step Action, and then select OK to add the action.
- Repeat Steps 5-7 for the remaining two One-Step Actions in the folder: Purchasing and Reports Console.
- Select OK in both the Task Pane and the Configure task pane window.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for the IT Service Desk Manager role.
- Repeat configuration procedures for any company-specific security roles that also require access to the CAM mApp Solution. Do not configure any portal security roles.