Define Approval Process for vRealize®
Use the Approval Block Editor in CSM Administrator to define the Approval process for vRealize®. The Approval process is initiated when a User selects the Approval Required check box on the Incident Subcategory form. When used with the Request VM Subcategory, the request must be approved before the request is sent to VMWare.
This functionality is only available if you have applied the Orchestration Pack for VMWare vRealize® Automation™. For more information, refer to the mApp Solution Tech Notes documentation.
To define the Approval Block:
- In the Object Manager, click Incident.
The Approval process must be defined in both the Incident Default view and Portal view.
- In the Task section, select Edit approvals.
- In the Approval Block Editor, click the Add button.
- Provide a display name in the Name field.
- Define a trigger condition:
- Click the Trigger Condition page.
- In the Trigger Condition section, create the following comparison clauses:
- Incident.Approval Required equals True
- Incident SubCategory.Approval Required equals True
- Specifics.Approval Required equals True
- In the Trigger Condition section, create the following group clause:
- At least one of the following must be true
- Define approvers.
- Define an Approval action:
- Click the Action page.
- In the Action to take when approval: Approved section, select the Run a One-Step check box.
- Click the ellipses button to open the One-Step Manager.
- In the One-Step Action tree, click Blueprint>Approval One-Step to Run.