Enterprise CI Types mApp Solution 1.0
The Enterprise CI Types mApp® Solution provides three new Configuration Item Major Business Objects.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.1.0.
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.1.0. This mApp Solution may also be compatible on content versions that are older than CSM 10.1.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test them on your customized system.
The Enterprise CI Types mApp Solution provides three additional Configuration Item objects:
- Config - Application
- Config - Database
- Config - Storage
Key features include:
- Three new commonly-requested CI types.
- New and updated CI searches to include the new CI types.
- Updated CMDB dashboard to include the new CI types.
Apply the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM. Do not select Finish yet.
- Several items are overwritten when applying the Enterprise CI Types mApp Solution:
- Global > Dashboards > Default Dashboards >CMDB
- Global > Executive Dashboard Pack > Risk
- Stored Queries
- Configuration Item > Global > Hardware
- Configuration Item > Global > Hardware with Manufacturer
- Configuration Item > Global > Software
- Global >Configuration Items
- Global > Default Dashboard Widgets > New CIs (name change to All CIs)
- Global > Executive Dashboard Widgets > Events and CIs by Time
- Choose which items to overwrite.
- At the Amount of User Interaction wizard screen select Ask me about every decision.
- Select Next until you reach the Dashboards and Widgets screen. Select Don't change for any items you don't want to overwrite. Select Next.
- Perform the same steps in the Miscellaneous Objects screen.
- Still in the Apply mApp Wizard, when you reach the Final Options window, select Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes, and then select Finish.
- When the Blueprint opens, select File > Blueprint changes.
- Save and publish the Blueprint.
|mApp Solution Version||Platform Version Requirements||Content Version Requirements||Prerequisites||Version/Release Notes|