Facilities Service Management mApp Solution 1.5
Use the Facilities Service Management mApp® Solution to incorporate facilities functionality into their existing CSM systems.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.0.0—10.2.0.
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 10.0.0—10.2.0. This mApp Solution may also be compatible on content versions older than CSM 10.0.0, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test them on your customized system.
This mApp Solution is designed to work with the ITSMStarter.czar and ITSMDemo.czar.
Available languages: English.
The Facilities Service Management mApp Solution includes the following items for downloading:
- Facilities and Property Management.mApp
The Facilities Service Management mApp Solution enables an organization to manage and automate the requests for services, project planning, work assignment, and execution. The mApp Solution allows end users, department members, and project teams to initiate work items, including those items that have recurring schedules.
Key features include:
- Facility-specific reports for buildings, technician workload, and most common issues.
- Ability to track time and materials and roll up costs to projects and work orders.
- A clean and uncluttered theme throughout the user interface.
- Custom dashboards for facilities managers and their teams.
- Ability to track equipment and building-specific information in facilities-based categories.
- Automated work orders for recurring scheduled maintenance, such as replacing air filters, wear components, and annual checks.
- Integrated CSM Portal design that allows customers to see the status of their requests across all departments.
- Ability to create multiple work orders assigned to different teams from a single request or project.
- Ability to receive and update work orders via mobile devices.
- Mobile device users can access and take action on work orders and queries through One-Step™ Actions.
- A new Work Order Business Object.
- Dashboards by role.
- A CSM Portal page.
- New hardware items in the Configuration Management Database.
- One-Step Actions/Automation (example: Scheduled recurring maintenance).
Apply the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM. Do not select Finish yet.
- Still in the Apply mApp Wizard, when you reach the Final Options window, select Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes, and then select Finish.
- When the Blueprint opens, select File > Blueprint changes.
- In the list of Business Objects, expand Work Order so you can see the associated forms.
- Select the following forms, and then select Remove.
To avoid breaking functionality, do not delete the forms through the Forms menu.
- WorkOrder Edit-existing New – added
- WorkOrder View-only New – added
- Save the Blueprint.
If you're running CSM 10.2.0 for both platform and content, you must reset the Category limit value in both the default and Portal default views.
To reset the Category limit value:
- In CSM Administrator, create a new Blueprint.
- Select the Work Order from the Business Object list.
- Select Edit Business Object.
- Edit the Category field.
- Select the Validation/Auto-populate page.
- Expand the Validate from Table field.
- Delete the Limit Values entry, and then select OK.
- Select Add to create a new limit value.
- Edit the constraint:
- For Field, enter Incident Category.Service.
- For Operator, choose Equals.
- For Value, enter Facilities Management.
- Select OK.
- Publish the Blueprint.
|Version||Platform Version Requirements||Content Version Requirements||Prerequisites|