Map Device Types to Configuration Item Types
CSM provides OOTB standard mappings of Ivanti Neurons for Discovery device types to CSM Configuration Item (CI) Types. Add your own mappings to expand the mapping options to fit your organizational needs.
As an example, if a record is imported with the type of device equal to Server, CSM converts it to a CI — Server record.
To add mappings:
- In CSM Administrator, create a Blueprint.
- In the Managers menu, select Expressions.
- In the Association drop-down list, select Config - Not Inventoried.
- In the Manager tree, select the Global folder.
- Edit the CI Type expression.
- Modify or add cases to fit the devices that you're importing.