Create and Process Work Orders
Create work orders manually from a CSM dashboard, through the Customer Portal, or from an email. Dispatch functions include reviewing, assigning, and completing work orders.
Good to Know
- In most dashboards (except Global), select Create Work Order to create a new work order, or select New > New Work Order from the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client menu bar.
- All new work orders are automatically assigned to the Facilities Dispatch team except for scheduled recurring work orders. By default, the owning team for scheduled recurring work orders is the team of the user who opened the work order.
- Journals track what occurs during the record's lifecycle, including notes to track progress or comments, history to track important field changes, and email correspondence. View or manually add journals by selecting the Journal tab in the record's arrangement.
- Use attachments to supplement records and provide additional details in the form of linked/imported files (.pdf, .doc, etc.), images, web pages, and document repositories. View and manage attachments using the Attachment button and Attachments bar.
- The arrangement dynamically displays linked records that are related to the work order record (Journals, Work Orders, Site, Building).
- Required fields are marked by an asterisk and are often conditional, meaning some are required to save a record, others to change the status of a record, and others to close the record.
- Use rich text fields to use formatting and image/screenshots to complement the text. To format the text or embed an image, select the Zoom button .
- In fields, press F3 to open a Selector window, where you can select a legal value or create a new value.