Link Skills to Incident Categories, Users, Teams, and Roles
Create skills and link them to users to assist with identification of qualified technicians. Use the skills assignment to link skills to for dedicated resources.
Use the included All Skills saved search to open the skills list. You can use a pre-loaded skill, or create a new skill. Use the form arrangement to link the skill.
View or Create New Skills
To view or create a skill:
- Open the Search Manager.
- From the Association drop-down list, select Skills.
The All Skills saved search displays.
- Run the All Skills saved search.
Search results are listed. There are 87 pre-loaded skills included in the mApp Solution.
- To view a skill record, double-click the skill.
You can also edit the skill by making changes, and then saving the record.
- To create new skills, select New from the menu bar. This can only be done from the CSM Desktop Client.
- Provide the skill name and description.
Link a Skill to an Incident Category
To assign a skill to an Incident Category:
- Select the Incident Categories tab, and then select the link button.
The Incident Category Selector window opens.
- Select OK.
- To view the Incident Category form, select the category from the list in the Incident Categories tab, and then select the Goto Incident Category button.
Link a Skill to a User
To assign a skill to a user:
- Select the Users tab, and then select the link button.
In the Browser Client, if you don't see the form arrangement tabs at the bottom of the form, find the splitter and drag it up to reveal the tabs.
- Select a user, and then select OK.
Link a Team to a Skill
To assign all users from a specific team to a Skill:
- Select the Teams tab, and then select the link button.
The Team Info Selector window opens.
- Select a team, and then select OK.
After you save the skill record, the users within the linked team automatically link to the skill and are visible on the Users tab. You may need to refresh to see the changes.
Link a Role to a Skill
To link a role to a skill:
- Select the Roles tab, and then select the link button.
The Role Selector window opens.
- Select a role, and then select OK.
- Save the record.
View Resources Linked to a Skill
If there are resources linked to the skill, they will be displayed in the Resources tab. To view the resource, select the Goto Resource button.