Create a Network or Security Event
Create and manage Network or Security Events to determine if an action is required.
You can create an Incident, Service Request, or other record to help manage your Events. Close the Event if no further action is needed.
Network and Security Events will generally be opened via automation but can also be opened manually.
To create a Network or Security Event:
- From the toolbar in the CSM Desktop Client or the CSM Browser Client, select New > New Event > New Event - Network or New Event - Security.
- Provide a name and details.
- Select an event type and service.
Both fields are optional for a Network Event. For a Security Event, the Event Type field is required and the Service field is not available.
- Select a priority and event severity.
- Select a reported date time and who reported the Event.
The Reported Date Time field is autopopulated and is a required field. The Reported by field is optional.
- Select a source and provide an external source ID.
The Source field is required, but the External Source ID field is optional.
- (Optional) Assign the Event to a team and individual.
You can also select the Assign to Me link in the Actions list.
- Provide the response notes, cause code, and resolution details.
The Response Notes and Resolution Details fields are optional, but the Cause Code field is required before you can move the status to Resolved.
The Resolution Details field is audited and Journal entries track modifications made. View the Journal - History entries in the Journals tab of the form arrangement.
- (Optional) Initiate other Actions as appropriate using the links in the Actions list.
- Select Save.
- Work Items, Affected Users (Security), Network Events (Security), Similar Events, Security Events (Network), Incidents, Change Requests, and Configuration Items (CIs) associated with the Event will be listed in their respective tabs of the form arrangement. You can create new Work Items/Events and Incidents/Change Requests and link affected users, Events, and CIs in each tab.