Create a Standard Change Request
Standard Change Requests do not require approval.
Standard Changes have four stages: Classify, Implementation, Review, and Closed.
To create a Standard Change:
- Create a Change Request and select Standard from the Change Type drop-down list.
- All fields in the Classification section are required fields (with the exception of Primary Configuration Item).
When you enter the Change Model; the Title, Description, Service Affected, and Service Importance fields automatically populate.
- Add any Tasks associated with the Change Request.
- Under Status, select the Scheduled link.
- When you are ready to begin implementation tasks, select the Next: Begin Work link (under Status).
The Stage moves to In Progress. You can also place the Change Request on hold by selecting the On Hold link under Actions.
- Under the Validation and Review section, all fields are required. Complete all associated Tasks.
All fields in this section must be filled out before you can move a Change Request to Closed status. The exception is if the Close Code is Cancelled, Declined by CAB, or Withdrawn.
- After the Change is deployed, select the Next: Validation link (under Status).
- All implementation tasks must be closed before advancing to the next status.
- Under Status, select the Next: CMDB Update link.
After the Change Owner updates the CMDB, select the CMDB Update Complete check box.
- Under Status, select the Next: Mark as Complete link.
The status changes to Closed.