Configuration Item Workflow
Configuration Item (CI) assets use two distinct workflows based on their classification of either hardware or software.
The following figure shows the high-level Hardware CI (Computers, Mobile Devices, Printers, Network Devices, Servers, Systems, Telephony Equipment, and Other CIs) process workflow in the OOTB system.
Access additional statuses (Stolen/MIA, In Repair, In Testing) at any time with the View More Status options link in the Actions list.
A CI progressing through the Hardware CI workflow encounters the following main statuses:
- New: CI is being logged and initial details are being recorded.
- Ordered: CI is being ordered.
- In Stock: CI has been received.
- Planned: CI use and location are being determined.
- In Testing: CI is being tested.
- Active: CI is operational.
- In Repair: CI is being repaired.
- Down: CI is being taken out of service temporarily.
- Stolen/MIA: CI has been stolen or lost.
- Retired: CI is being taken out of service.
The following figure shows the high-level Software CI (Software License) process workflow in the OOTB system.
A CI progressing through the Software CI workflow encounters the following main statuses:
- Requested: Software License has been requested.
- Planned: Software License use and location are being determined.
- Ordered: Software License is being ordered.
- Active: Software License is operational.
- Expire: Software License is expired.