Configure Auto-Deploy to distribute Client installations to client machines.
To configure Auto-Deploy:
- Open Auto-Deploy:
Due to commonly used components in Auto-Deploy technologies, an error may appear cautioning against running the Auto-Deploy application. An error may also appear depending on your Operating System and anti-virus settings. If the error appears, select Run Anyway.
- If Cherwell Application Server is installed: select Windows Start > All Programs > Cherwell Service Management > Tools > Auto-Deploy Config.
- If Cherwell Browser is installed: select Windows Start > All Programs > Cherwell Browser Apps > Auto-Deploy Config.
- Optional: Configure the client connection if this is a first-time installation.
- Select the Ellipses button to select an existing client connection if this is not a first-time installation. The Database Manager window opens.
- Select an existing connection.
Do not use the connections created for the Cherwell Servers or Browser Applications because these are direct-to-database connections. Connect to the Cherwell Application Server.
- Select OK.
- Provide the Auto Deploy Site URL.
- Select the Ellipses button to select a Target folder. The Target folder is a directory location on the server that specifies where the install files are stored.
- Select desired check boxes to configure additional options:
- Overwrite Client Connection
- Make Connection Be Default
- Require Users to Install Minor Releases
- Connect Without Prompting
- Display Debug Messages
- Select OK to close the Auto-Deploy Configuration window.