Incident Design Ideas
Use these ideas for tips on how to design an Incident.
- Fields: Change required fields and when they are required, and the fields that support rich text.
- View Counter: Incrementally track the number of times a record is viewed by a customer or user in the CSM Desktop Client, CSM Browser Client, and CSM Portal. View Counter functionality is configured in CSM Administrator. See Define Advanced Properties for a Business Object.
- Statuses: Change Incident statuses and/or the One-Step™ Actions that are initiated when an Incident enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the threshold and/or colors for priority.
- Actions and One-Step Actions: Create Actions/One-Step Actions to automate your workflow, or implement any of the unused example One-Step Actions that are shipped with CSM (example: Notify Owned By of EditsOne-Step Action).
- Email: Change the templates that are used to create the emails sent by One-Step Actions or Automation Processes (example: Resolved Confirmation). The email templates are defined as part of the One-Step Action. Disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent.
- Automation Processes: Enable/disable the Automation Processes that monitor Incidents (example: Monitors for SLA resolve/respond by deadline breaches, automatic notification emails). Consider creating Automation Processes to notify stakeholders of a Major Incident or to coordinate a Major Incident effort.
- Validated Field values: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values to use in drop-down menus (example: Cause Codes).