Knowledge Article Workflow Design Ideas
CSM provides a Knowledge Article (KA) workflow with all the features you need to successfully manage KAs. You can use this workflow as-is, or tailor it to meet the needs of your organization.
Design ideas include:
- Fields: Change which fields are required and when, which fields support rich text, etc.
- View Counter: Incrementally track the number of times a record is viewed by a customer or user in the Desktop Client, Browser Client, and CSM Portal. View Counter functionality is configured in CSM Administrator.
- Statuses: Change KA statuses and/or the One-Step™ Actions that are initiated when a KA enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the popularity voting buttons.
- Email: Change the templates that are used to create the emails sent by One-Step Actions or Automation Processes (example: "Approval Denied" One-Step Action). The email templates are defined as part of the One-Step Action. Or, disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent.
- Automation Processes: Enable/disable the Automation Processes that notify KA owners/teams of assignments.
- Review Processes: Modify or eliminate the review processes.
- Field Value Options: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values for use in drop-down fields (example: Article Type).