Log in to the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Administrator
Log in to the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Administrator from the machine on which these Windows-based clients are installed.
To log in to the Windows-based clients:
- Double-click the Cherwell Service Management icon or CSM Administrator icon on the desktop, or select Start>All Programs>Cherwell Service Management or Cherwell Administrator.
If the Automatically Use Connection Without Asking check box was previously selected or if the system administrator already set up a permanent database connection, the database connection window will not open.
- Select the All Users tab to view database connections available to all users or the User tab to view database connections available to only to the user logging in.
- Select a database connection. Typically, you connect using an Application Server (3-tier connection), identified by the Application Server icon .
- Select the Automatically Use Connection Without Asking check box to automatically use this database connection each time CSM is launched.
- Provide your CSM login information:
- User ID: Provide your CSM login ID. This could be domain name/network user name or just a username).
- Password: Provide your CSM password. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Select OK.
If you are assigned to more than one CSM role and have not previously selected the Automatically Use Selected Role check box, the Choose Role window opens.
- Select the appropriate login role for the session.
- Select the Always Use Selected Role check box to automatically use the selected role at the next log in.