Service Design Ideas
CSM provides an OOTB Service workflow with all the items you need to successfully manage Services. You can use this workflow, or tailor it to meet the needs of your organization.
Design ideas include:
- Fields: Change which fields are required and when, which fields support Rich Text, etc.
- View Counter: Incrementally track the number of times a record is viewed by a customer or user in the Desktop Client, Browser Client, and CSM Portal. View Counter functionality is configured in CSM Administrator.
- Statuses: Change Service statuses and/or the One-Step Actions that are initiated when a Service enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the threshold and/or colors for priority.
- Actions and One-Step Actions: Create Actions/One-Step Actions to automate your workflow.
- Email: Change the templates that are used to create the emails sent by One-Step Actions or Automation Processes (example: "Notify Owned By via Email" One-Step Action). The email templates are defined as part of the One-Step Action. Or, disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent.
- Automation Processes: Enable/disable the Automation Processes that monitor Incidents (example: Monitors for record inactivity, sends automatic notification emails, etc.).
- Field Value Options: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values for use in drop-down fields.
- Relationships: Consider creating a relationship to show an association between Service and Customer - Internal so you can view all Services used by a particular customer and all customers associated with a particular Service.
Detailed step-by-step instructions for the above is beyond the scope of this content.