Approvals require approvers to decide how to respond to a request.
In the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client, approvals are responded to using an approval form in the form arrangement of a record.
OOTB approval forms may be provided with your system. They typically can be opened several ways in the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client:
- From an approval email, select the link to the approval form.
- In the Approvals tab of a Major Business Object's form arrangement, open the approvals form:
- Double-click an existing Approval in the grid.
- On the Form Arrangement toolbar, select View > Form View.
- On the Form Arrangement toolbar, select New Approval to open a new approval form.
- Approver: Name of the required approval user(s) or customer(s).
- Approval Team: Name of the required approval team(s) or workgroup(s).
- Due Date: Date/time by which the approval must be submitted. If approvers do not respond by the deadline, they are considered to have abstained.
- Details: Additional information about the approval (example: Approve Emergency Change Request to begin implementing).
- Approver Notes: Additional information/explanation regarding the approval.
- Approve: Approve the request.
- Deny: Deny the request.
- Abstain: Refrain from approving/denying the request.