How to Map Activity Pane Fields
You can map logical, text, or date/time fields to the Activity Pane to view the activity and communications for a Major Business Object in one easy-to-navigate area.
To map Activity Pane fields:
- In CSM Administrator, create a new Blueprint.
- In the Manage objects pane, select the Supporting radio button under Show object types.
- Expand Journal, and then select the Supporting Business Object you want to edit (example: Journal - History).
- Select Edit Business Object
- Choose a field to map to. You can map to logical, text, or date/time fields. Right-click the field name, and then select Edit.
- In the Field Properties dialog, select the Advanced page.
- In the Activity Mapping section, choose an option in the Maps To drop-down. If a field on the Activity Pane is already mapped, the mapping will appear in parentheses after the field name in the drop-down. Different selections are shown depending on the field type (i.e., Text fields can only be mapped to text fields on the Activity Pane, and date/time fields can only be mapped to date/time fields on the Activity Pane). Invalid mappings are grayed out.
You can overwrite existing mappings by selecting a new field to map to. To clear a mapping, select None.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to map any additional fields you would like to see in the Activity Pane.
Changing activity mappings on a group leader does not propagate down to group members. However, if you have a group leader that has activity mappings and then create the group members, the parent's mappings will exist on the new children. If you create a new Business Object group to track history, create the group leader and configure the activity mappings before creating the children.