Create a Microsoft Teams Channel from the Related Items Pane
Once the Microsoft Teams integration is configured for the Related Items pane, you can start a conversation with CSM users who have accounts in the configured Teams workspace.
Good to Know
- CSM users who have the security right to create a new chat conversation can create a private Teams channel from the Related Items pane. Only users who belong to the Teams workspace can be invited to the channel.
- Channel names are determined by administrative settings. You cannot rename channels.
To create a Teams channel from a saved Business Object record:
- Expand the Related Items pane.
- Select the Chat page.
- Select Start Teams Conversation.
The Channel Properties dialog opens.
- In the Invite User box, select the Address Book icon.
- Select a user who belongs to your Teams workspace.
A message displays if you select a user who is not a member of your Teams workspace.
- Select OK.