Delegation configuration tasks include the selection of some system-level and Business Object attributes and setting up delegation emails for approvals if required.
To configure Delegation:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Blueprints category, and then select the Create a New Blueprint task.
If working on a saved Blueprint, open the existing Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, select a Major Business Object in the Object tree, and then select Edit Business Object, followed by Business Object Properties.
- On the General page, ensure that Track Owner is selected in the Tracking section. See Set Record Ownership.
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Security category, and then select the Edit security groups task.
- Select the Business Objects tab and then select your chosen Business Object from the drop-down list.
- Select the check box for Differents rights based on ownership.
This ensures that delegates can work on delegated records for that Business Object even if they do not ordinarily have security rights to do so. The extra security rights are active just for the period when the delegate works on an item. Also the Delegate of Owner check box is shown.
- Optional: If you want your security to be more specific, clear the check boxes under General and then select rights for Delegate of Owner (and other types of ownership) for View/Edit/Delete for the Business Object and View/Edit any fields you want to changes the rights for.
- To configure emails so that delegates get notified by email when they have been assigned an approval, see Configure Delegation Emails for Approvals.
Email notifications for delegated approvals is a feature of the approvals process. There is no support for delegation emails for any other types of Business Object.