Add Links and Attachments to Outgoing E-mails
The Cherwell Outlook Add-In provides several options when sending (replying to, forwarding, or sending new) e-mail from Outlook. The Cherwell group in the ribbon (Message tab) allows Users to insert links to Business Object Records, insert Attachments, and select additional recipients.
The available options are:
- Insert [Business Object Record (example: Incident 101323)]: Inserts a link to open the Business Object Record in the CSM Desktop Client, Portal, or Browser Client. Choose any (or all) of the following options in the drop-down:
- Link to Cherwell Application: Inserts a hyperlink to launch the CSM Desktop Client and open the Business Object Record.
- Link to Customer Portal: Inserts a hyperlink to launch a browser to Cherwell's Customer Portal browser application.
- Link to Cherwell Browser Client: Inserts a hyperlink to launch a browser to the CSM Browser Client application.
To open a Business Object Record in the Portal or Browser Client using links inserted into an e-mail, the URLs must be specified in the Browser Application Settings.
- Add Attachments: Inserts Attachments from the Business Object Record or Attachment Manager into the e-mail. Select the Attachments in the drop-down:
- Specific Attachment :Inserts specific Attachments from the Business Object Record into the e-mail. If the linked Business Object contains Attachments, they are listed individually and can be inserted into the e-mail.
- Attachment Manager: Opens the Attachment Manager to select Attachments to insert into the e-mail.
- Add Recipients: Opens the CSM Address Book to select recipients to add to the To, Cc, or Bcc lines.