Link Outlook E-mails to Customers and CSM Business Objects
CSM attempts to auto-link incoming Outlook e-mails to Customers and Business Objects based on the Outlook Integration settings configured in CSM Administrator. If it cannot identify a Business Object Record to auto-link an e-mail to, the Add-In lists the most recent records associated with the identified Customer. Manually link an e-mail to a record by selecting one of the listed records. If the Add-In automatically links an e-mail to a Customer and/or Business Object, manually change the association.
To link Outlook E-mails to Customers and CSM Business Objects:
- Select a Customer to link the e-mail to. Do this if the Customer shows as Unknown, or a change is needed to who the e-mail is associated with.
- Click Unknown or the Customer's name.
- From the context menu, select Choose from Cherwell.
The CSM Contact Manager opens.
- Choose a name from the Contact Manager and click OK.
The e-mail is now linked to the selected contact.
- Manually link an e-mail to a Business Object Record.
- In the list of recent records, click the link button next to the record to link the e-mail to.
- Click Yes on the verification window.
The e-mail is now linked to the selected record, and a Journal - Mail History Record is created for that record.
- Unlink a Business Object Record.
- Click the linked Business Object Record.
- From the context menu, click Unlink from [Business Object (ex: Incident 101323)].
The Add-In removes the link to the specific record and shows a list of recent records associated with the identified Customer.