Create a Stored Format
Use the Format window in the Stored Format Manager to create a stored format.
To create a stored format:
- Open the Stored Format Manager.
- Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
- Select Create New.
- Provide a name and description for the format.
- In the Picture field, specify the formula and/or add criteria by selecting an option in the drop-down list. For example, (###) ###-#### would format numbers in a Phone field to (719) 555-5555.
- Define the case (select one):
- Keep casing as entered: Maintain the case as it is entered into the field by the user.
- Make uppercase: Make all characters uppercase (example: AAAA), regardless of how characters are entered into the field.
- Make lowercase: Make all characters lowercase (example: aaaaa), regardless of how characters are entered into the field.
- Select the Characters/Digits Entered at Right and Pushed to Left checkbox to add data from left-to-right (example: (719) 555-5555). If not cleared, data is entered from right-to-left (example: (555) 555-5917).
- Select Save.