CSM Item Manager Main Window (Typical)
Most CSM Item Managers look and behave similarly, although a few exhibit minute differences.
For more information about specific CSM Managers (example: Dashboard Manager, One-Step Action Manager, Calendar Manager, etc.), please refer to their individual documentation.
In general, use CSM Item Managers to complete the following operations:
- Run/Display: Run/display the selected item (example: Runs the selected Saved Search, One-Step™ Action, or Report; displays a Dashboard, Widget, or Calendar).
- View/Display: View a list of available items. Double-click an item to display it in the main window.
- Create, Edit , and Delete: Configure items to meet your requirements.
- Search: Use the Search Control to run a search that locates and lists all items whose Display Name and Description contain a specific word or phrase.
- Organize: Items are organized at the root level by default scope (intended audience); however, Users can create subfolders to further organize items.
- Copy: Copy existing items as a starting point or template for a similar item.
- Rename: Rename a subfolder or item. Users cannot rename default scopes.
- Import/Export: Import/export item definitions to a .ced file to share items across systems.
- Find Dependencies: Identify where the item is used and what other items it uses, if applicable.
Add To Task Pane/Toolbar (available only in appropriate CSM Item Managers): Use to add the item to your personal Task Pane or a custom toolbar.
- Pin (available only in appropriate CSM Item Managers): Pin items to a Pinboard (in the Item Manager) and MRU list (in the CSM Desktop Client menu bar) to make them easily accessible in CSM.
The pinning functionality allows Users to pin frequently used items to locations that are easily accessible in CSM. For more information, see Pin a CSM Item.
- Localize: View and set localization properties (in CSM Administrator only).
- Menu bar:
Displays a row of drop-down menus available in the Manager.
Displays a row of buttons for operations available in the Manager.
- Search Control:
Displays a search box to find specific words or phrases in the Manager.
- Culture selector:
Displays the cultures available for platform and content strings in your system, so you can change languages as you work with items. Available only if globalization features are enabled.
- Manager tree:
Displays items in a hierarchical tree, organized by scope, and subfolder if applicable. Also lists any Searches run during the session.
- Main Pane:
Displays items by view (icon, list, or details [grid]) and lists search results when a search is run.
Managers look and behave differently in the Browser Client. For more information, refer to the CSM Browser Client.