Find CSM Item Dependencies
In CSM, a dependency is the bond of an item in the system that uses or relies upon another item to function. For example, a Widget might be dependent on a specific Metric in order to show the correct data. Use the CSM Item Manager to find dependencies between items (example: Dashboards, Reports, One-Step Actions, etc.) in the CSM System. This process scans the CSM system to find everything that uses the selected item.
Good to know:
- Dependencies are important to note when editing or deleting items in CSM Item Managers.
- The Find Dependencies option can be found in the View menu from the CSM Item Manager menu bar, as well as the context (right-click) menu in the Manager Main Pane.
Managers look and behave differently in the Browser Client. For more information, refer to the CSM Browser Client.
To find CSM Item dependencies:
- Open the CSM Item Manager.
- Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
- Run the dependencies scan one of two ways:
- Right-click the CSMItem, and then select Find Dependencies.
- Select the CSMItem, and then select View (menu bar)>Find dependencies.
A scan runs and results are displayed in the Definition Dependencies window.
- (Optional) Click the Edit button to change the scope selected for the dependencies scan.
The Scopes used for Dependency Scan window opens.
- Select the scopes to include, and then click OK.
- Click the Refresh button to scan for dependencies using the new scope.
Select the Show full path check box to show the full path of the scan. This is useful when copying or deleting items to ensure dependent items are not affected by changes made to the selected item.