Create an Action Block
Create and edit Action Blocks from the Desktop Client or CSM Administrator.
To create an Action Block:
- Open the Action Block Manager.
- Select the Create New button.
- In the Create a New Action Block window, provide a name and description.
The One-Step Action Block Editor opens.
- On the General page, the Name and General Description fields will auto-populate.
- Select Execute Post Steps if One-Step fails to continue the post steps despite a One-Step Action failure.
- Optional: Set a category for the Action Block. Select Display in designer toolbox if you want the Action Block to appear in the One-Step editor toolbox under its category title.
You need appropriate permissions to create categories or add Action Blocks to existing categories. Be selective about assigning categories to Action Blocks, as the toolbox can quickly get cluttered.
- Select the Options button.
Option Description Availability Select a scope. If you already selected a scope at the beginning, this is auto-filled with your selection. Association
If applicable, select a more filtered scope (example: A particular team). <Automatic> applies scope based on login. If not applicable, this option is disabled.
Custom Image Upload a custom image if desired.
- Use the Parameters page to add any parameters you want to use in the Action Block. Parameters can be used to pass information from the Action Block to a One-Step Action in the Action Block, or from a One-Step Action to the Action Block. You can use parameters for input and output.
If you modify an Action Block parameter that isn't a default value, you must edit all One-Step Actions that use that Action Block. Use the Find Dependencies function to find the One-Step Actions you need to edit.