Check Out a Record from a Queue
You can check out a record from a Queue from the CSM Desktop Client main window.
Good to know:
- When a record is checked out to a user from a Queue, all users who view the Queue status can see that the user is the Queue owner of the record. This prevents multiple users from attempting to work on the same record at the same time. Depending on your system settings, you might only be allowed to check one record out at a time.
- The record pulled from the Queue is based on the configuration of that Queue (example: Based on highest priority). The record will never be a record that is already checked out to another user. This is an effective method of work distribution, because each user has the ability to select the next record, which will automatically retrieve the appropriate record based on order.
A record can be checked out from a Queue several ways:
- From the Queue Manager menu bar, select Queues > Check out next record.
- From the Queue pane (accessed within the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane), select the Check Record Out from Queue button .
- From the Queue pane (accessed within the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane), right-click the On [Queue Name] Queue text and select Check out current record.