Define Queue Pane Preferences
Use the Edit Queue Pane Setup window to define Queue pane preferences, such as:
- General preferences: Which Queues are displayed in the Queue pane and how.
- User Queue preferences: If User Queues are displayed in the Queue pane and how.
Good to know:
- CSM automatically creates a primary User Queue for each User for each Business Object in the system (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.). This allows records to be assigned to Users without having to manually create each Queue, though Users can also create additional Queues for each Business Object, and can also rename or otherwise customize these automatic Queues.
- If your organization does not use User Queues, you can keep the current default preferences.
To define Queue Pane preferences:
- Right-click in the Queue pane (accessed within the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane), and then select Queue Pane Setup.
- Define general Queue pane properties:
- Click the General page.
- Define general Queue preferences:
- Show Current Record Status: Select this check box to display the Queue status of the current record (example: On 2nd Level Queue).
- Queues Displayed without Scrolling: Specify the number of Queues to display on the Queues pane before a scroll bar becomes visible.
Displaying multiple Queues without a scroll bar decreases the space allowed for other Task Pane items.
- Queues to display: Select the Queues to display in the Queue pane.
- Add/Remove buttons: Use these buttons to add or remove Queues from the Queue pane.
When you click the Add button, the Queue Manager opens giving you the option to select an existing Queue or create a new Queue.
- Arrow buttons: Use these buttons to control the order in which Queues are displayed in the Queue pane.
- Queue is only shown if it has items: Select this check box to display the selected Queue only if it contains records.
- Define User Queue preferences.
- Click the User Queues page.
- Define User Queue preferences:
- Show User Queues that Contain Items: Select this check box to display User Queues in the Queue pane that contain at least one item (example: If Henri's Incident Queue has at least one item, it would be displayed in the Queue pane).
- Position in Queue list: Select the position of User Queues (Above Other Queues or Below Other Queues) relative to other Queues in the Queue pane.
- Which User Queues are Shown?: Select an option to limit User Queues displayed in the Queue pane.
- Primary Business Object Only: Select this radio button to display only the User Queue for the primary Business Object with which you are assigned to work. This Object is set based on the current view, and can be modified by the system administrator (example: Henri's Incident Queue).
- All Business Objects: Select this radio button to display User Queues for all Business Objects that support Queues.
- Selected Business Objects: Select this radio button to display only User Queues for a selected Business Object. Click Add to select the Business Object.