Define Data Options for Report Styles
Use the Data Options page to define the following properties of the data elements displayed in a Report:
- Font: Font type, size, and style of the data rows in the Detail band of the Report.
- Alignment and Color: Text alignment, color, and background color of the band.
- (Optional) Draw Lines: Add lines to the band.
- Use alternating rows: Option for applying different text and color formatting to even and odd rows within a table.
To define the Data Options for Report Styles:
- Open the Report Style Window to edit a Report Style or create a New Report Style.
- Click Data Options in the Report Styles window.
- Define the Font settings:
- Font type (example: Microsoft Sans Serif)
- Font size (example: 22)
- Font style (bold, bold italic, italic, regular)
- Define the Alignment and Color settings:
- Text alignment (vertical and horizontal)
- Text color
- Background color (the color that appears behind the text in the title only)
- Select the Draw lines check box if you want to add lines:
- Select where to place lines using the Top, Bottom, Left, and or Right check boxes.
- Enter a Line width to set the thickness of the lines (all lines, Top, Bottom, Left, and/or Right, will be the same width).
- Click the Line color drop-down to define the line color.
- Select the Use alternating rows check box to alternate data row styles (example: Odd rows have no color while even rows are blue).
Use this check box to define Alignment, Color, and Line settings for even-numbered rows.
- Click OK to save and close the Report Style, or proceed to Detail Report Options.