Query Builder Behaviors and Features
Query behaviors include:
- By default, the first line is a Grouping Clause that states <Business Object> where all of the following are true, which represents the top level Clause that combines all of the other Clauses together.
This phrase can be changed to <Business Object> where at least one of the following is true; however, you must choose one option.
- The current selected Clause is indicated by the Green arrow.
- Data relating to the Clause displays as child items below the Green arrow.
As the Clause changes, the Query changes to represent the function of the Clause.
- Click the Green Up/Down arrows next to the Query to move Clauses within the Query.
- Select a Clause and click the Delete button to remove it from the Query.
The Query Builder toolbars provide the following features:
Create a new:
|Delete||Deletes the selected clause.|
|Copy||Creates a copy of the last created clause and adds it to the last string of the Query.|
|Move to parent||Moves the Clause to parent (CTRL+HOME).|
|Move to child||Moves the Clause to child (CTRL+END).|
|Sort results by||Chooses a specific value to sort the search results by|
|Sort in ascending order||Sorts the search results in ascending order (1-10, A-Z, etc.).|
|Sort in descending order||Sorts the search results in descending order (10-1, Z-A, etc.).|
|Sort with multiple columns||Sorts the search results with multiple columns.|
|Use All Words||Inserts an AND to separate the Clauses, so the search finds all words entered in the Query.|
|Use Any Words||Inserts an OR to separate the Clauses, so the search finds any of the words entered Query.|