Define a Comparison Clause
A Comparison Clause is a Query Clause that finds all records containing a field with a particular value.
Use the Query Builder window to create a Comparison Clause.
When you define this type of clause, you define:
- Field: Field for which you want to find a value.
- Operator: Word or phrase (equals, greater than, contains) that provides the necessary information for two values to produce an output.
- Value: Value for which the clause searches.
Good to know:
- Expressions, Stored Values and system functions appear as folders after the Fields if they are available.
- Some operators are only shown for particular data types (example: "Like" is only available for text Fields).
- If the Field is validated, the Legal Values Button displays on the right of the drop-down list. It allows you to select from a list of appropriate values.
- If Globalization is enabled for your system, you may be able to choose Lookup Object values from different cultures.
To create a Comparison Clause:
- Open a Query Builder.
- Select New, and then select Comparison Clause.
The Comparison Clause section opens.
- Select the Field for which you want to find a value (example: Call Source):
- Select the Down arrow next to the left-most drop-down list to reveal the list of applicable Fields.
- Select a Field from the list.
The value drop-down list (far right drop-down list) automatically populates.
For a join table, select the join table from the drop-down list.
To see the join table option in the drop-down list, you must first define link options to use a join table under Relationship Properties.
- Select the Operator drop-down list to reveal applicable operators, and then select an operator.
- Provide a value or select the Down arrow next to the far right drop-down list to reveal applicable options and Tokens, including:
- System Functions
- Stored Values
- Metric Values
- Select a Value from the list (this is the value the search will look for).
The Comparison Clause displays in the Query.
- Add additional clauses to refine your search (optional).
If you are using the Stored Query Builder, use the Options button to define additional options, including availability and icon image.
- Select Save.