Define a Specific Queue
Use the Queue Clause section of a Query Builder to define a Queue Clause. A Queue Clause containing a Specific Queue finds records on a particular Queue, such as First Level Support or Hardware. The Specific Queue section provides you with multiple options to narrow the Query. When you define a Specific Queue, you define:
- Condition: Queue behavior (example: Record is not on Specific Queue).
- Who: User who checked out the record, if applicable.
- Queue: The specific Queue where the record is located.
To define a Specific Queue:
- Open a Query Builder.
- Select New on the Query Builder toolbar, and then select Queue Clause.
- In the Where drop-down list, select a condition:
- Record is on Specific Queue
- Record is not on Specific Queue
- Record is checked out to Specific Queue
- Record is not checked out from Specific Queue
- Record is suspended on Specific Queue
If you select Record is checked out to a Specific Queue, select the specific Team member from Checked out by drop-down list.
- Select the ellipses button next to Specific Queue to open the Queue Manager, and then select an existing Queue.
- Select Save.