Add a Value to a Lookup Object
Use Table Management to quickly add a value to a Lookup Object directly from the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client (example: Add a new Department named Accounting). When a value is added to a Lookup Object in Table Management, the value is added to the database and becomes available in the appropriate field's drop-down on the Business Object Form.
To add a value to a Lookup Object:
- Open the Table Management Interface.
- In the Type drop-down, select a Lookup Object (example: Department).
- On the toolbar (Desktop Client or Browser), click the New button.
You can also right-click in the Grid, and then select New.
A new record opens with a cursor positioned and blinking in the appropriate field.
- Provide a value to add to the Field (example: Accounting).
- Click Save.
- On the toolbar, click the Show Results button to view the new value in the Lookup Object.
The new value is now available in the database and in the appropriate field's drop-down on the Business Object Form.