Working with Theme Editor Fonts
Use the font controls in the universal Theme Editor to apply fonts, edit existing fonts and add new fonts.
Fonts are displayed for all text elements in your theme that are present in form, dashboard, portal and action catalog previews. For the Dashboard Preview and Action Catalog Preview, only the Theme Font section is displayed.
The font you select from Theme Font drop-down list is applied to all theme elements that have the theme font defined in the their Font control. You can change the font for all of these elements by selecting a different font typeface in the Theme Font drop-down list.
- Select the Theme Font drop-down list.
- Select the font you want to apply.
You can edit fonts applied to the individual elements of a theme (example: a banner, label, button text). The element that each font applies to is named in each Font control. You can also add new (custom) fonts to apply to theme text elements.
To change a font:
- Select the font drop-down list in the Font Control.
- Select the font to apply to the theme element.
To edit a font:
- Size: select the font Size drop-down and select the size you want to apply.
- Style: select the Bold, Underline or Italic button.
- Horizontal alignment: Select the Left, Center or Right alignment button.
- Vertical alignment: Select the Top, Middle or Bottom alignment button.
To add a new (custom) font:
New font types can only be added with Form Preview selected.
- Select Add Font Type (or select Alt+T).
The New Font Type dialog box opens.
- Enter a name for the font type in the New Font Type dialog box.
If you enter a name that is unavailable, the Name field border appears red and the Apply button is disabled. You must enter a name that is not already in use.
- Select Apply.
- Edit the font attributes if required.
The new font type can be applied to a text element by selecting it in the Font Association drop-down in the Form Editor.
To delete a custom font:
- Select the ellipsis on the Font Control.
The ellipsis is only visible on custom fonts, not on default fonts. You cannot delete a default font.
- Select Delete Font Type.
The Warning below is displayed:
Any controls using this font type will revert to their default states.
- Select Continue to delete the font type.