Share Data with an External Database
Consider creating Views in your external database to connect to your CSM database.
To share data with an external database:
- (Optional) If connecting to a normalized database, create Views of the data that connect to each other.
For more information about creating and testing Views of the external database, consult a DBA.
- In CSM Administrator, create an external connection to an external database.
- Designate a CSM Business Object to accept the external data. There are three options:
- Map an existing CSM Business Object to external data, and then import the external data. (No link option is available for existing CSM Business Objects.)
- Create an External Business Object to import the external data, and then import the external data.
- Create an External Business Object to link to the external data.