Assign a Customer to a Workgroup
Use the Security Group Manager Members tab to add Customers to a Workgroup so that Customers can share CSM Items and, if configured, record ownership rights.
By default, Customers can share record ownership with their Customer and Manager; however, our Out-of-the-Box (OOTB) system in not configured to share with Workgroup members.
To add a Customer to a Security Group:
- Open the Team and Workgroup Manager (CSM Administrator>Security>Edit Teams and Workgroups).
- Select the Customer Workgroup radio button.
The Manager lists the existing Workgroups.
- Click the Customer Workgroup to which you want to assign a Customer (ex: Accounting)
- Click the Members tab.
- Click the Add button.
The Contact Manager opens.
- Click a Customer to add to the Workgroup, and then click OK.
- To designate one of the members as a Workgroup manager, select a Customer (member), and then select the Customer Workgroup Manager check box. You can designate more than one manager, if needed.
If configured, record ownership rights (View, Add, Edit, Delete rights) can be extended to managers, departments, and Teams/Workgroups, so carefully consider the implications of these relationships.
The Customer is added to the Workgroup.
- Click Save .