Assign Roles to a Security Group
Use the Roles tab in the Security Group Manager to assign Roles to a Security Group.
Good to know:
- A Role can be assigned to one or more Security Groups at a time.
- A User can access any of the Roles in his Security Group, but can only log in using one Role at a time.
- If the Security Group supports only one Role, Users in that Security Group will be assigned to that Role without being asked. Otherwise, they will have the option of choosing the Role they want to use when they log in to one of the main client products.
- Customers are automatically logged into their Security Group's default Role when logging in.
To assign a Role to a Security Group:
- Open the Security Group Manager.
- In the Group drop-down list, select the Security Group for which you want to define rights (example: Admin).
- Select the Roles tab.
A list of assigned Roles (legal Roles) opens.
- Select the Add button.
The Add Role to Security Group window opens, listing the available CSM Roles (Roles not already in the Security Group).
- Select the Role you want to assign to the Security Group or select the New Role button to create an ad hoc Role.
- Designate a default Role by selecting a Role, and then selecting the Make default button.
When a User logs into CSM, their default Role is selected, but they can select any Role. When a Customer logs into CSM, they log in using their default Role.
Select the Remove button to remove a Role from the Security Group.
- Select Save.