Set Different Business Object Rights Based on Ownership
Business Object rights take effect when CSM can identify who each owner is (record owner, department member, manager of owner, Team/Workgroup member, and Team/Workgroup manager). Be sure that each entity is identified with an ownership attribute; otherwise, CSM ignores ownership.
To set different Business Object rights based on ownership:
- Open the Security Group Manager
- In the Group drop-down, select the Security Group for which you want to define rights (ex: Admin).
- Click the Business Objects tab.
- In the Business Object drop-down, select the Business Object for which you want to set rights. You can also select individual Fields within the Business Object.
- Select the Different rights based on ownership check box. The rights expand.
A Customer Security Group displays Workgroup Member and Workgroup Manager instead of Team.
- Set the Business Object rights for each entity.
- Click Save .