Configure Custom Global Toolbars
Create and configure custom Desktop Client toolbars to provide quick access to CSM operations for all users or users assigned to particular Roles.
Custom Global toolbars are not available in the Browser Client.
To configure a custom Global toolbar:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, select the Settings category, and then select the Edit Custom Toolbars task.
The Configure Toolbars window opens. Default is a Global default and applies for all users/roles unless overridden. The small green check mark indicates that a custom toolbar has been defined for a particular Role. If no defaults are defined for a Role, members of that Role see the custom toolbar for the Global default, if defined.
- Select Default (Global) or a Role, and then select the Edit button.
The toolbar for <Global/Role> opens.
- Select the Add button.
- Define general properties and Actions for the toolbar:
- Name: Provide a name for the toolbar. This is the name that shows in the toolbar context menu (in the Desktop Client, right-click toolbar to show a context menu of available toolbars to display).
- Show by Default: Shows the custom toolbar in the Desktop Client by default. Otherwise, users have to manually show it (right-click toolbar>select a toolbar to display).
- Add Action: Select this button and select the type of Action to add to the custom toolbar
A CSM Item Manager opens (varies by type of Action selected in the previous step), and then select/create the CSM Item to initiate through the Action.
- Select a CSM Item (example: A specific Dashboard).
- Define properties for the Action:
- Action: Shows the name of the Action as it is recognized by CSM (example: Name of the Dashboard or Report).
- Display text: Provide the text to show on the toolbar button if Show text on button (below) is selected.
- Image button:
Select the image to open the Image Manager, and then select an existing image or import a new image to represent the item in the UI.
- Help text: Provide a tooltip to show when the cursor is on the menu item.
- Begin group: Shows a horizontal line before the menu item, separating it from other menu items.
- Show text on button: Shows the Display Text on the toolbar button.
- Add additional Actions to the toolbar.
- (Optional) Create additional custom toolbars.