An Automation Fabric integration is a task or a set of tasks directed at a system outside of Ivanti Cloud. You can execute these tasks on the external system using the quick remediation and alerting capabilities of Real-Time Intelligence.
Integrations are configured on the Automation Fabric page. Access this page by clicking Configuration > Automation Fabric in the left navigation pane. You can also use integrations as tasks for custom actions on the Real-Time Intelligence Configuration page.
The following procedure shows you how to execute an Automation Fabric integration task that creates an incident in Ivanti Service Manager.
- On the Integrations tab, click Add new integration and fill in the Name and Description.
- Click the Add Task button and select the task Ivanti Service Manager – Create Incident from the predefined list on the right.
- Fill in the required parameters and save the task:
- Ivanti Service Manager Tenant. URL or ID of your Service Manager tenant (for example, automation-fabric.trysaasiteu.com).
- Ivanti Service Manager UserName and Password. Credentials to access the Service Manager tenant specified before.
- Ivanti Service Manager Role. Role of the user specified before (for example, Admin).
- customerPrimaryEmail. Email address of the user who raised the incident. This email address will be used for communications about the incident.
- Subject, Symptom, Service, Category, Source, Impact, and Urgency. Incident-specific information.
- returnIncidentIdOnly. Set to "true" if the task should only return the newly created incident ID, which will be automatically generated by Service Manager.
- Coming soon – Results. Text that specifies the expected results when performing this task on endpoints.
- In the Automation Fabric list view, you can schedule this integration to run. Click the More Options icon on the far right and select Schedule Cloud. Where you used parameters during the creation of the task, you now need to specify the actual values. The task will then run on an Ivanti-hosted infrastructure and the Service Manager incident will be created.
- On the Job History tab, you can see all tasks that were executed, including details about these execution jobs.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.