Active Directory connector
The Active Directory connector gathers data about users and devices from an Active Directory server. You can have multiple Active Directory connectors to pull data from various parts of the directory.
If there is device data already in Ivanti Cloud from another source and you import device data from Active Directory, Ivanti Cloud will reconcile the records so that you don't have duplicate device records.
An Active Directory connector has the following options:
- Connector name. A name for the connector.
- Connector server name. The name of the connector server that this connector is associated with. Each connector can only be associated with one connector server. If you added the connector to a specific connector server, this field may be populated for you. Otherwise, you can select the connector server from the list.
- Domain name. The domain name for the Active Directory server.
- Set the base DN. The distinguished name for the location in the directory that you want to pull data from. The connector gathers user, device, and business unit data.
- User threshold and device threshold. To limit the amount of data that is gathered for Ivanti Cloud, set a threshold for a specific number of days. The connector will not include records unless the user or device has checked in or otherwise changed during that time.
- Username and password. Credentials to access Active Directory.
- Repeats. How often the connector should gather data.
- Start time. The time of day the connector should start running. To minimize the impact on your network and applications, we recommend that connectors generally run at night or on weekends.
- Active. Whether the connector is active or not. While the connector is active, it runs according to the schedule you create. If you clear the check box, the connector is inactive and will not gather data until the check box is enabled again and the connector is saved.
For details on configuring or using connectors, see Setting up connectors.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.