Microsoft Azure Active Directory connector
The Azure Active Directory connector gathers data about users and devices from Azure Active Directory.
In order to connect Azure Active Directory to Ivanti Cloud, you must create an app in Azure Active Directory first. The app must have permissions to read and export user information (User.Export.All, User.Read.All, Reports.Read.All, and AuditLog.Read.All). For information on creating the app, see the article in the Community:
- Name and display name
- Email address
- Phone number and type
- Account creation and expiration dates
- User's address, city, state, and country
- Job title, department, and manager
- Employee type, ID, and number
- Last logon
- Office location
- Distinguished name
- Password policies
An Azure Active Directory connector has the following options:
- Connector name: A name for the connector.
- Connector server name: The name of the connector server that this connector is associated with. Each connector can only be associated with one connector server. If you added the connector to a specific connector server, this field may be populated for you. Otherwise, you can select the connector server from the list.
- Directory (tenant) ID: The ID of the tenant you created in Azure Active Directory.
- Application (client) ID: The ID of the application you created in Azure Active Directory.
- User threshold: To limit the amount of data that is gathered for Ivanti Cloud, set a threshold for a specific number of days. The connector will not include records unless the user has checked in or otherwise changed during that time.
- Client secret: The client secret associated with the application you created in Azure Active Directory.
- Repeats: How often the connector should gather data.
- Start time: The time of day the connector should start running. To minimize the impact on your network and applications, we recommend that connectors generally run at night or on weekends.
- Active: Whether the connector is active or not. While the connector is active, it runs according to the schedule you create. If you clear the check box, the connector is inactive and will not gather data until the check box is enabled again and the connector is saved.
For details on configuring or using connectors, see Setting up connectors.