A Deployment Representative is a device in your network that has the Ivanti Neurons Deployment Representative Agent installed on it. The Deployment Representative Agent should be installed on one device per subnet within your environment. The Deployment Representative is the only device that can be used for the capabilities that require credentials; deployment, remote inventory and SNMP discovery.
For details on selecting a default Deployment Representative for multiple subnets, refer to Edit Policy Group Details.
Use case: You want to discover all devices on your corporate network and automatically deploy agents to devices using Ivanti Neurons Platform.
Download the Deployment Representative Agent from either:
- Admin > Agent Policy > Download Deployment Representative Agent button
- Admin > Discovery > Discovery homepage
Before installing the agent check the prerequisites in Agent Management.
- In the Ivanti Neurons Platform navigate to Admin > Agent Policy.
- On the Policy Groups page, select Download Deployment Representative Agent to open the Generate Enrollment Key dialog.
- The Generate Enrollment Key dialog displays. An enrollment key is generated in the options file to register with Ivanti Neurons. The enrollment key is based on the number of devices on which you want to install the agent, and the date that installation must be completed by.
Note: If the number of devices or the date is exceeded you will need to generate a new enrollment key to register further agent installations with the Ivanti Neurons tenant.
- Number of devices: Enter the total number of devices on which to install the agent, these will become your Deployment Representative devices.
- Date: Enter a date by which the all Deployment Representatives must have enrolled with your Ivanti Neurons tenant. The expiry date defaults to 30 days, but can be set up to a maximum of 1 year. Select the date from the calendar.
- Select Download Deployment Representative Agent.
- Once the files (IvantiCloudAgent.exe and IvantiCloudAgent.exe.options) have downloaded, run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions. The device with the agent installed becomes a Deployment Representative.
Deployment Representatives View
View all deployment representatives in Admin > Agent Policy > Deployment Representatives. The Deployment Representatives page lists all devices by name, the subnets they belong to, and the date the agent was installed.
- Subnet: Click on any Subnet to view the Subnet Detail.
- ...: Select to open the drop-down menu:
- Remove: Remove the Deployment Representative. The device details are deleted. You must manually uninstall the Deployment Representative Agent from the device.
- Set Default: Set the device as the default deployment representative. You can only have one default set per tenant, so if you set a new one, the previously selected default will be cleared.
- Clear Default: Only available if the device is selected as the default deployment representative. Select to unset the device as the default.
From here you can view:
- Device Name - Name of the device.
- Last Seen - Date the device was last online; this could either be the last check in with the Ivanti Neurons Platform, or the last Discovery scan.
- IP Address - IP Address.
- MAC Address - MAC address.
- OS - version of the operating system the device is running e.g. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.
- OSGroup - operating system the device is running e.g. Windows.
- Agent - Displays Yes if the Ivanti Neurons for Deployment Representative Agent is installed on the device. No if there is no Deployment Representative Agent installed.
- Policy Group - The name of the Policy Group that the device is assigned to. Click on the Policy Group name to view the Policy Group Detail.
- Subnet - Subnet the device belongs to.
ConnectionFailed: The deployment engine cannot get a connection to the target machine.
RemoteRegistryFailed: During deployment to target machine access is required to the registry on the target machine. This error occurs when the registry cannot be accessed as the remote registry service is not running on the target.
RemoteSCMFailed: As part of deployment tasks are run on the target by creating a service. To create this service SCM (Service Control Manager) APIs are used. This error occurs when the service has failed to be created.
CopyFilesFailed: The copy from the deployment engine to the target machine failed.
InstallerLaunchFailed: The installer failed to start on the target machine.