Assigning Files to File Groups
After you create the necessary file groups and required parent-child relationships, you can assign executable files, scripts, and macros to file groups.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Database Explorer.
- Select the file(s) to assign to a file group.
- Right-click the file selection.
- Select the Assign to File Group option.
The Assign Files to a File Group dialog opens.
- Select a file group from the drop-down list in the Suggested File Group column.
- Click OK.
The file(s) are assigned to the designated file group.
|File||Name of the file including extension.|
|File Path||Complete file path name, including the drive.|
|Current File Group||The file group to which the file currently belongs. Files that are not assigned to a file group are designated as <Not Authorized>.|
|Suggested File Group||A proposed file group based on the file name. A file having the same name as another file in the database is suggested to belong to the same file group as the initial file.|
You can assign a script or macro to a file group as a script, as distinguished from an executable file.