About Encrypting Devices
You can use the Ivanti Device and Application Control client to encrypt devices from your computer, without the assistance of a network administrator.
You can use the client to:
- Open portable media.
- Decrypt encrypted removable storage devices.
- Manage user permissions for encrypted removable storage devices.
- Encrypt removable storage devices for Windows and passphrase users.
- Export an encryption key from a removable storage device to a file.
- Encrypting CD/DVDs for Multiple Users
Using the Ivanti Device and Application Control client, you can encrypt CD/DVDs for multiple users from a client computer.
- Managing Device Passwords
You can change and recover user passwords for an encrypted device from the Manage Device dialog of the client.
- Manage Device
You can change user passwords for encrypted devices from the Manage Device window.
- Unlocking Media
You can unlock an encrypted removable storage device attached to a computer running the client using the Windows Explorer.
- Opening Portable Media
You can open encrypted removable storage devices as portable media using the Windows Explorer.
- Decrypting Media
Using the Ivanti Device and Application Control client, you can decrypt removable storage devices encrypted by Device Control.