Add Event Notification
You can create an event notification permission rule that shows a customized message to a user who attempts to access an unauthorized device through a client computer.
Event notification rules can be created at the following levels in the Device Explorer hierarchical structure:
- Default settings root node
- Default settings device class node
- Specific device node
- Device group node
- Machine-specific settings computer node
- In the Management Console select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the Default settings or Machine-specific settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure, right-click a device class.
- Select Add Event Notification from the right-mouse menu.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse to select a user or user group.
- Select the user or user group and click OK.
- Click Next.
The Choose Event Notification settings dialog opens.
- From the Choose an Event Notification setting panel, select one of the following options:
- From the Priority drop-down list, select one of the following options:
- Medium High
- In the Message field, type a message the user receives when notified of an event.
- Click Next.
- From the Finish dialog, click Finish.
The event notification rule permission details are shown in the Details, Priority, and Permissions columns of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
|Do not Notify||No message is sent when a user attempts to access an unauthorized device.|
|Notify||A message is sent to the user when attempting to access an unauthorized device.|
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group